Thursday 14 June 2018

A Nice Quiet Life. Chapter 3

Chapter 3

This is Ciane’s renovacy.
The link to the story and the download is here:
https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/container/
The digging was a bit messy but actually (as Miss-Town-Hall-Work-Experience would have said), I’m really enjoying the gardening. It’s fun watching things grow, and they taste so good. I can hardly wait to get out here once I’m up and dressed. I think I’ll plant some fruit trees too. I went to pick up the paper next – and as I straightened up I saw, behind the hydrangeas, a tent! On my field! And a pretty scruffy tent at that. And I knew camping was forbidden here. I read that contract end to side! And who came crawling out of it, half asleep and half naked, after I banged on the canvas and shouted? Him! Mr Hippie Guitar himself. “And just what do you think you are doing on my site? There’s no camping allowed here, you know. You can just go and pitch your horrible tent somewhere else. At once!” “Hey, lady, chill! I’m not camping. I’m not camping. I’m waiting for my container to arrive. Should be here later today, or tomorrow morning.” “Your what?”
“Container.” Now he was wide awake and grinning. “Like, large metal box about to become my home? Complete with official address, so me and Briar Rose can be happy here together. Name’s Blue, by the way. Ocean Blue.” He was moving in here? With someone else as well? Another hippie by the sound of it – Ocean Blue and Briar Rose indeed! No-one was christened that – not outside a fairy tale, anyway. This was dreadful! I stormed back into my sanctuary and locked the door behind me. I’d have to get some blinds to cover that door as well, and I’d lose my lovely view. The first thing I did was to log on and pull up the lease details for the site. They confirmed my worst fears. No, he couldn’t camp here, but yes, he could put a container up…I didn’t like what I was reading at all. Next thing was to go shopping for some blinds. Right now! I went for white. It gave me more privacy, went with the lovely décor, but I missed my view. In the end, I decided to go out. Fishing first, I thought – that was always so soothing. Chess just wasn’t working for me today. I couldn’t believe what I saw when I got back! That Tent was still there for one thing. But there were workmen. And a concrete mixer. And giant iron girders that looked like they could hold up a skyscraper. Or a shipping container. I feared the worst. And I was right to do so. Round the back of my container – my home! – I found some dug up and trampled earth. Funny: I was sure I’d had hydrangea bushes growing there this morning. And there was some rusty looking pipework that hadn’t been there this morning either. Mr so-called Ocean Blue (sounds like a paint sample) spotted my less-than-happy face.
“Hey, lady, they had to move them. To get at the plumbing. For the um…er… you know? But I made them replant them here.”
Yes, and I was pretty sure they’d die. Wrong time of year, not enough watering in – they looked sorry for themselves already. “The, like, container arrives tomorrow.”
Oh. Did it?
“I’m sure we’ll get along just fine.”
Oh. Was he? I wasn’t.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is NOT a match made in heaven.

    I fully expected Miss Grey to call the realtor and find out why someone was moving onto her property without her permission, but am beginning to wonder if she owns the lot since this happened.

    Looking forward to seeing what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addy, I had to go back and re-read the first chapter, myself. Miss Grey owns her container & is renting the land.

      So many questions, primarily how will these two get on? I look forward to reading the further adventures of Grey & Blue. :)

      Delete