Saturday 6 June 2020

The Biondelli Family

The Biondelli Family. Not my favourite sound. I mean, she’s a nice girl, Flavia, but this does not sound good. I think there’s a reason why her parents say she has to do her practice up here on the top floor. And when I think about the music she likes to listen to, I’m sure she’d be much happier with an electric guitar. But there’s no way her mother would agree to that! Claudia has visions of Flavia gently serenading important guests while she tries to squeeze political donations out of them. That’s Massimo, her brother. I don’t know why he comes up here when he’s practising, but I think he’s lonely downstairs on his own. I’ll go and distract him, give him some company. I’m good company for both of them, I know. And even their father enjoys me sitting on his lap and purring at him. Claudia, though – she worries about my hairs getting on her clothes. Well, I am a long-haired cat. And she chose me. Stefano was all for getting a rescue cat, but she wouldn’t have any of that.
Now that Massimo’s not playing chess, I think the noise has got through to him! Come and see a bit of the house. We haven’t got time for a full tour, (and I’m not encouraged to be on the parents’ floor. Those hairs, you know) but I’ll show you downstairs.
Outside first. This is the courtyard. I quite like watching what goes on from here. There’s some strange new people moved in at La Casa Alta. One of them seems to be a cross between a boy and a porcupine. Claudia won’t let Flavia make friends with him, that’s for sure. If you want a nap out here though, you need these chairs. They’re much softer. This is the living room. My bed gets moved out when they have one of their fund-raising soirees. I get moved out too. Hairs again. The kitchen looks great, but mostly it’s only used for breakfast and for doing homework. They eat out a lot. Looks good on the publicity material though. Here they all are together, just back from the gym. That’s Claudia, with the hairstyle – rich, beautiful and proud of her breeding – she and Stefano are remote cousins, so there’s Biondelli blood on both sides. As far as she’s concerned, she’s achieved perfection – one beautiful daughter who will, naturally, make a good marriage to the right person, and one handsome son to follow in his father’s footsteps. Now she’s climbing the political ladder. Stefano? He’s not super bright except with money and business things. He’s proud of his daughter and his wife. He hasn’t realised yet that Flavia might not want to go along with her mother’s plans for her life. And yes, he thinks everything is pretty much perfect too. Me, I feel sorry for Massimo. He’s just expected to be a carbon copy of his father and take over the business, starting at the bottom of course. His life’s pretty much planned out for him already. A bit like mine, really. Claudia’s talking about mating me with another cat with an impeccable pedigree. But I’ve got plans of my own. Have you seen the ginger tom who lives here? Now there’s a father I could fancy for my kittens. That would put a crimp into Claudia’s perfect life, perfect family plans, wouldn’t it. Something needs to! I think it’s my duty really…

3 comments:

  1. This cat is the purr-fect guide for introducing the family and giving a house tour! I love her personality and cat-itude! I also love that you wove other gifts into their introductory story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this family and home also dear, you have clearly spoiled me to no ends and I'm so honored to have this family/home and all the others in my game to enjoy! Thank you so very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... a cross between a boy and a porcupine ... what a hilarious reference to Marco ... made me nearly choke on my tea.
    I love all your background stories told from the animals point of view ... just like 'The Old Mill' the first of your stories I got hooked on and I have been captivated by your awesome tales ever since :D x

    ReplyDelete